Displaying products on a WooCommerce site can really be a nightmare for a WordPress beginner.
When I started creating my first online store, I thought it would be a no-brainer to place my products on the website. Just drag-and-drop and something else. But it turned out to be a real uphill struggle for me at that time.
It took me the whole month to learn all the things about WordPress, WooCommerce, plugins, shortcodes and more.
If you’re anything like me, you got lucky. Because I’m going to show you detailed reviews of 10 best WooCommerce plugins that I find them most helpful in displaying and navigating products. And above all, they’re easy to use and don’t require much knowledge of coding to implement.
These plugins will help you:
- Display products in your Homepage, Category page and Product page
- Filter products by categories, attributes, products tags, and prices
- Generate product feeds for all your marketing channels
- Improve overall user’s experience, make website easy to navigate and more.
The best WooCommerce product plugins
1. Product Catalog
Active installations: 10,000+
Current Star Rating: 4.5 Stars (100+ reviews)
Plugin Creator: Etoile Web Design
The first top-rated plugin is Product Catalog by Etoile Web Design.
Product Catalog is widely popular for its minimalistic product catalog design and its multiple SEO-friendly options. In terms of style, minimalism is the hottest trend in the web design field today. This plugin is built to help display your products in a simple but sleek and easy to customize product catalog format.
Holiday 2018’s special treat:
Live more work less yet have more sales? Hell yeah, it’s possible.
Marcus – one of our most successful merchants – uses 3 sales automation tools to boost conversions by 175+%…in just 30 minutes!
- 3 default and fully customizable product catalog layouts
- Set sale prices for products, easily toggle sale prices on and off for the entire catalog or individual products
- Widgets to display new products, featured products on Homepage
- Import products directly from a spreadsheet to your product catalog with the click of a few buttons
Best Additions: SEO product pages, custom permalink, drag and drop layout creation, product reviews section, and custom product tagging.
2. Beeketing for WooCommerce
Active installations: 5,000+
Current Star Rating: 4.8 Stars (320+ reviews)
Plugin Creator: Beeketing
Beeketing is a multi-feature plugin that helps add tweaks to your website to customize product pages, make them look better and conversion rate is much higher.
You’ll find at least 3 different ways to display recommended products for your customers:
- In a popup form: each time shoppers add an item to cart, a popup that suggests some related products or higher-end items will show up to encourage shoppers spend more than they planned.
- In a widget: group related products in a bundle so shoppers can purchase the whole set without browsing your WooCommerce store many times.
- In a product slider: show Store Best Sellers / Featured products / Related items / … in a beautiful slider above page footer.
There are a number of different tools and features in Beeketing that I cannot list all here because a comprehensive review of all of them is beyond the scope of this article. Instead, you can visit the plugin page here for more detailed features.
Best Additions: It does everything automatically, taking a lot of work off your plate. You don’t need to learn about coding or spend money to hire a developer to code this directly into your store. Beeketing has got you covered.
3. WooCommerce Extra Product Options
Total sales: 17,692+
Current Star Rating: 4.86 Stars (784+ reviews)
Plugin Creator: Themecomplete
This plugin provides a lot of flexibility to implement additional options on your WooCommerce product page. You can create different extra fields including checkboxes, radio button, date and time picker, etc.
In addition, you can conditionally display fields based on product, category and other field(s) values. The plugin is compatible with many popular plugins including WooCommerce Subscriptions and Catalog Mode, making it one of the best WooCommerce product plugin in the marketplace.
- Supports checkboxes, radio buttons, select boxes, text-areas, input boxes, upload, date, range picker and color picker.
- Prices can change depending on the selected variation for per product options.
- Image replacement for checkboxes and radio button on Global Options.
- Choose the grid display for checkboxes and radio button for Global Options.
- …so much more features.
They have tons of good reviews in Codecanyon everyday:
4. WooCommerce Customizer
Active installations: 40,000+
Current Star Rating: 4.5 Stars (24+ reviews)
Plugin Creator: SkyVerge
You know WooCommerce includes tons of options to let you customize button text, labels, tags and more, but you have to write PHP code to use them. This plugin provides a settings page where you can adjust your customizations and save them without needing to write a single line of codes. This is very helpful and convenient for beginners or someone who wants to do quick A/B tests.
Here are some customizations you can make within the plugin:
- Add-to-cart button text for different product types
- Sales badge text for homepage or product pages
- Arrange the number of products displayed per page
- Heading text for the “Product Description” and “Additional Information” tab.
- Checkout page coupon / login text
- Checkout page “Create Account” checkbox default
- Checkout page “Submit Order” button text
- Tax Label text
- Placeholder image source
To make all these changes, you just need to go to WooCommerce > Settings and view the “Customizer” tab.
5. WooCommerce Product Filter (WOOF)
Active installations: 60,000+
Current Star Rating: 4.5 Stars (85+ reviews)
Plugin Creator: realmag777
This plugin is a really flexible tool to set up product filter options on your WooCommerce store.
Once you install WOOF, your shoppers can immediately filter products on your store based on categories, sub categories, tags, colors and prices, etc. You can freely customize the filters according to your needs by using WOOF extension API. However, it requires advanced coding skills to do such high-level customizations. If you’re not a PHP developer, don’t worry because its default options are quite enough for basic customization needs.
- Plugin creator provides products shortcode so you can paste it on any page: [woof_products per_page=8 columns=3 is_ajax=1 taxonomies=product_cat:9]
- WooCommerce product searching by AJAX
- Dynamic products recount
- You can show taxonomies/ attributes in the search form as: radio, checkbox, drop-down, multi-drop-down, radio buttons in drop-down.
- Different skins for radio and checkboxes in the plugin settings
They have a demo site which includes all features here so you can give it a try.
6. WooCommerce Product Slider
Active installations: 20,000+
Current Star Rating: 4.5 Stars (55+ reviews)
Plugin Creator: pickplugins
This is a free plugin that enables you to place an unlimited number of sliders anywhere on your site.
You can customize the size of the slider and use one of the 3 available positions for navigation. There are options to customize the slider background color and to hide products that are out of stock. However, it does not provide option to hack-picked products that you want to promote like the Beeketing plugin does.
- Create unlimited number of sliders anywhere on your site
- Custom number of slider for desktop & mobile devices
- 3 slider positions to choose, 3 pre-built themes
- Auto-play slider
- Slider stop when hover
- Custom speed for slider navigation & pagination.
- Custom pagination Background Color & Text Colors
With all these features, this one surely is a great free option to try out.
7. WooCommerce Product Feed Pro
Active installations: 3,000+
Current Star Rating: 4.9 Stars (75+ reviews)
Plugin Creator: AdTribes.io
WooCommerce Product Feed Pro is a brilliant plugin that saves online sellers time and effort on basic marketing tasks.
This plugin automatically generates a product feed to sync your products with your merchant center – including Google Shopping, Amazon Product Ads, Google Dynamic Remarketing, Facebook Remarketing, Bing Ads, and many more. You can quickly add all your products (no limitation) from your WooCommerce store to connected dealer shops with no extra work.
- There is access to over 100 different merchant sites and you can easily pick and choose which sites you would like to display your products on.
- Pre-built templates available for the merchant sites.
- You can choose to post your products manually or automatically.
- The supported file formats include XML, TXT, and CSV.
- Marketing and promo text, product codes, descriptions, and prices can be easily added.
- Feed updates can be placed on a set schedule of your choice.
- Automatic feed updates can be made through FTP.
8. Customer Reviews for WooCommerce
Active installations: 4,000+
Current Star Rating: 4.8 Stars (99+ reviews)
Plugin Creator: ivole
Creating product reviews for your WooCommerce store requires a lot of time and hard work, especially when you want it custom made. That’s the reason why Customer Reviews plugin becomes mandatory for every WooCommerce store.
To cut a long story short, this plugin is built to help set up automatic review reminders for customers who recently purchased a product from your store. Reminder emails are sent to your customers inviting them to review the recent product(s) they purchased. Once customers leave a review, this plugin will automatically display them on your storefront / product pages as social proofs.
- Review reminder
- Aggregated review form
- Enhanced customer reviews
- Review for discount
- Display reviews on online stores
9. Advanced Woo Search
Active installations: 20,000+
Current Star Rating: 4.6 Stars (53+ reviews)
Plugin Creator: ILLID
This is a free plugin that offers live search functionality on your WooCommerce store.
It also allows a search based on various parameters like title, description, categories, tags, etc. You can freely customize those parameters, toggle them on and off whenever you want. And, you can place the search form anywhere on the site using a shortcode.
- Products search – Search across all your WooCommerce products
- Search in – Search in product title, content, excerpt, categories, tags and sku. Or just in some of them
- Settings page – User-friendly settings page with lot of options
- Shortcode and widget – Use shortcode and widget to place search box anywhere you want
- Product image – Each search result contains product image
- Product price – Each search result contains product price
- Terms search – Search for product categories and tags
- Smart ordering – Search results ordered by the priority of source where they were found
- Stop Words support to exclude certain words from search.
- Support for your current search page. Plugin search results will be integrated to your current page layout.
Best Additions: Advanced Woo Search provides an option to display product image and price in the search results.
10. Product Import Export for WooCommerce
Active installations: 40,000+
Current Star Rating: 4.8 Stars (67+ reviews)
Plugin Creator: XAdapter
You probably know how to import / export products in WooCommerce built-in features. This plugin works in a similar way, but with multiple advanced features. It helps transfer product information from one site to another within 3 minutes. Additional features like Evaluation Fields and Scheduled Import Export make the job easier for store owners to automate the process.
Besides basic WooCommerce product types, this plugin can import WooCommerce Subscription, Composite, Bundle, Booking and Photography products as well.
- Export WooCommerce products (Simple, Group, External and Variations) in to a CSV file.
- Import products in to WooCommerce (Simple, Group, External and Variations) in CSV format.
- Export WooCommerce products by category.
- Various Filter options for exporting WooCommerce products.
- Map and transform fields while importing products.
- Change values while importing products using Evaluation Fields.
- Choice to update or skip existing imported products.
Turn your WooCommerce store into a conversion booster machine
These were my top 10 picks. I hope this list helped you find some great WooCommerce product plugins that best suit your needs.
If you have other great plugins in mind, let me know in the comments section below. Me and our team will revise and who knows – they will appear in the 2019 best plugins list on Beeketing Blog next time 😉