A lot of customers use several Beeketing apps, however, we bet you once wonder how to make them work best together. The question that we have received the most from online entrepreneurs like you is “How to effectively use Checkout Boost and Boost Sales at the same time?”. Today we are going to show you 3 ways to use both Checkout Boost and Boost Sales to skyrocket your revenue.
To give you a quick overview: Boost Sales app helps you increase the average order value by up-selling and cross-selling, while Checkout Boost app increases your conversion rate by asking customers to share your products with friends in exchange for a gift or discount.
Let’s see how we can combine these 2 apps together.
1. Use Boost sales to upsell before checkout and Checkout Boost to offer post-purchase upsell
Do you know you can double cross-sell products to your customers before and after they check out? Even though Boost Sales does a very good job at upselling/cross-selling, increasing order values at the product page only is by no means efficient. If customers are in a good mood, they have already purchased the upsell/cross-sell combos that you have subtly give to them, they might be willing to return and buy with you if you give them a little incentive for the next time they come back.
So the strategy that we recommend is: set up Boost Sales offers at the product pages and use Checkout Boost to offer post-purchase upsells. To be more specific, using Checkout Boost to offer customers a little gift after they have paid their cart can bring a huge impact on your sales.
First, just set up your upsell/cross-sell offers with Boost Sales as normal. You will have an upsell offer on product pages like this:
Boost Sales’ up-sell pop up
Second, in Checkout-Boost settings, set up Share-to-get or Just-take-it offers, then click “Post-purchase incentive” at the question “When do you want your customers to get this offer?”
Checkout Boost dashboard
Only after customers have done their payment, the offer will show up as a small surprise to appreciate them having shopped with you.
Leaving a good impression along the whole buyer’s journey even after they have spent on your products would fulfill their experiences and trigger repetitive purchases.
2. Use Boost Sales for upsell/cross-sell at the product page and boost checkout with Checkout Boost’s Countdown Timer
Another use of this combo is that once you already use Boost Sales to upsell/cross-sell more product bundles to your customer at the product page, creating a sense of urgency to motivate customers to checkout quickly in a limited time can help save abandoned carts. It’s like killing two birds with one stone.
At this point, putting Countdown Timer at the cart page can double your checkout rate. Just a few simple steps of setting here and there you go!
- In Boost Sales setting, there are 2 options for you to direct customers after they click on the upsell/cross-sell pop-ups: to cart page or to checkout page. If you’re using both Boost Sales and Checkout Boost apps, you can lead customers to cart page after you up-sell or cross-sell them successfully.
Boost Sales app
- In the Checkout Boost’s dashboard, create a Countdown Timer and choose “Show offer on Cart page”Checkout Boost dashboard
- This way, after customers accept your up-sell/cross-sell offer and click “Add all to cart”,Boost Sales cross-sell offer shows up
.. Customers will be directed to cart page where a checkout-boost countdown timer shows up and motivates them to complete purchase:Check-out Boost Countdown Timer shows up at the Cart page
Your customers will be likely to checkout right away to not miss out this offer!
However, please take note that you can only use this option if your store has a cart page (example). If your cart is a popup, it is recommended that you choose to show checkout-boost offers “after customers add matched items to cart” (in Settings) and use option 1 above.
3. Trigger different offers for multiple collections
The first combination we want to introduce is you can leverage these 2 apps to create an A/B tests and see what rewards work best for your customers. If you set it up right, Boost Sales and Checkout Boost are the perfect tools to help you conduct these tests simultaneously and evaluate the result.
You can trigger Boost Sales offers for collection A and set up Checkout Boost offers for collection B. This is a way for you to A/B test your offers, understand your customers and decide which promotion they like the most.
For example, we want to test if people would rather buy a T-shirt accompanied with an upsell product than given with a free reward, so we’ll set up two tests with Boost Sales and Checkout Boost, using the same complimentary product as “Vintage cat ring”.
- In Boost Sales dashboard, when you set up an up-sell, you can choose the target products and the relative upsell offer. In the example below, we choose the target product as “Totoro T-shirt” and the upsell product that comes along is “Vintage cat ring”.Boost Sales setup
The offer will be “Vintage Cat Ring” will be displayed as an up-sell product like this:Boost Sales app
- That’s been the set up for Boost Sales. Now, let’s create the B test in Checkout Boost dashboard.
Hereunder we choose the target product as “Batman Cat T-shirt” while the “Vintage Cat Ring” becomes the accompanying reward.
Checkout Boost app
This way, when customers view collection “Batman Cat T-shirt”, they will receive the free gift and be motivated to checkout:
The Checkout Boost offer will be displayed like this
4. Use the default settings, as we’ve already optimized UX for you
The most simple way is to create offers as freely as you can. Our UX designers and developers have optimized everything for you, here’s how it works:
- When customers see an up-sell offer and decide not to take it, they turn off the offer, click “View cart” or “Continue shopping”, your checkout-boost offers will show up to motivate them complete purchase. Therefore, you can still convert that sale even though they’re in two minds.
- When customers decide to take your up-sell or cross-sell offers, they will be encouraged to add even more products to cart with Sales Motivator and be directed to checkout page immediately to maximize the chance they complete purchase. If they still decide to abandon carts and return to your store, checkout-boost offers now will show up to convert them.
This way, the whole customer journey around your store is well covered to maximize your revenue. All money you make from the apps is extra, which means, without the apps, you wouldn’t have made those revenue. Therefore, we believe it’ll worth your investment.
If you want to know more how to set up each app separately, please refer to our instructions here:
- The definite guide to set up up-sell and cross-sell offers: https://beeketing.com/blog/the-definite-guide-to-create-best-upsell-and-cross-sell-offers-that-can-sell-and-convert/
- How to utilize Checkout Boost to skyrocket your conversion: https://beeketing.com/blog/how-to-make-great-money-from-checkout-boost-app-for-your-online-stores/
Feel free to drop us an email at email@example.com if you need any help setting it up, our experts are always there to help you out.