Product recommendations across your online stores serve as excellent opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell, as well as to boost conversion rate, average cart values, and customer loyalty.
Automating these recommendations can also save you hours of work, that’s why Personalized Recommendations app was born to help. The app uses different e-commerce personalization options, big data and machine learning to deliver recommendations that are most relevant to customers.
Example of product recommendations
Let’s take a deeper look at how these recommendations actually work and how you can control and optimize everything.
How Personalized Recommendations app works
It can be often confusing to understand the differences in how each personalization options will deliver recommendations. Following is a list of the available options from Personalized Recommendations, to give you an overview of how the app analyzes your store and recommends products to customers.
- Store best sellers: Best-selling items from store, sourcing from your store’s sales history.
- Bought this also bought: This strategy uses crowd-sourced intelligence to monitor how most visitors interact with a product, and then recommends relevant products based on what the overall group responds to best.
- Cart recommendations: Beeketing system will collect data about your customers based on their behaviors, on what they’ve browsed or added to cart, and use that information to create personalized recommendations to show in cart page.
- Recently viewed and featured recommendations: This widget shows products customers have just viewed and recommends products based on those items. The way it recommends products is to segment people into groups or user types, and make assumptions about them and what they’re looking for based on common characteristics like demographics, attitude, location, or behavioral set; then chooses targeted items to each group.
- Handpicked products just for you: Show recommendations with products you picked by yourselves.
How to utilize Personalized Recommendations app to bring you the best revenue
Although Personalized Recommendations app run automatically right after you install, you can still customize and optimize how it works to bring you the best results.
1. The power of A/B test
It’s hard to know what works best until you test. Therefore, it is suggested that you a/b test everything to see what type of widget delivers the most potential results.
The first thing to do when planning an A/B test is to figure out what you want to test. Depending on your purposes, choose where to show the widgets you want.
For example, you can test whether to show “Best sellers” on home page or on product page results in more sales. Simply choose the page you want to show, then note down the date. We recommend you check the results 1 week later, then switch to test other pages.
One month would be enough for you to complete the test and decide the best position for that widget. And don’t forget to share the results with us 😉
You know your store the best, you don’t need to be a designer to match recommendations widgets with your theme, as our easy-to-use design tools are here to help. You can:
- Easily choose the number of products to show in a row
- Choose the maximum number of products per slide
- Design your call-to-action button by changing its color or message
- Change font and text style of the whole widget
With those powerful tools, you can match recommendation blocks with your theme design in a blink of an eye. If you need any help, feel free to contact us and we’re always here to help you out.
3. Draw customers’ attention by interesting messages
Nothing lasts for years still catches your attention like the first time, doesn’t it? That’s why we suggest that you change the messages in your widgets frequently to bring some fun to customers’ shopping time and make them pay more attention each visit.
Under “Translate” tab is where you can play with your creativity.
Some suggestions to add some fun to your store:
- Best sellers of the store:
- Most loved
- Best selling items from store
- Top sellers
- Bought this also bought:
- Frequently bought together
- Perfect combinations with your choice
- Customers who viewed this item also viewed
- Customers who shopped for this item also shopped for
- Recommendations based on your cart:
- Inspired by your cart
- Inspired by your shopping trend
- More items to consider
- You may also like
- Recently viewed and featured recommendations:
- Recently viewed and related items
- You might be interested in
- Recently viewed and Recommended for you
- We think these are so you
You can translate those phrases to whatever you like, however, please take note of each widget’s function and try not to mislead visitors. For example, it is not suggested to translate “Best sellers of the store” to “Recently viewed and recommended items”.
4. Add “Hidden” tag
There might be some items you don’t want customers to see in recommendation results at all, for example: a free-gift product. You can easily hide it from your store frontend with default settings of any e-commerce platform. However, do you know how to hide it from recommendation widgets?
It’s easy. You can add tag “Hidden” to those items and they will be hidden completely from your recommendation widgets (keep in mind that it might take a few hours to update data from your tags).
There’s a reason that 80% of Amazon’s homepage fills up with product recommendations. It simply works and makes more money for all e-commerce stores. So join the game and learn how to win it to conquer success with us!
Feel free to get in touch with us if you want more suggestions, our experts are always here to help.