With 2,077,766 powered websites, WooCommerce is now the reigning leader in the eCommerce platform industry. Its customization and scalability made it a tempting option for online stores.
But what makes WooCommerce extra powerful is its plugin integration capabilities that add essential features to scale up your online store and sell online successfully.
The good news is you have the tools to boost your conversions and sales. The downside is there’s more than 50,000 plugins in the market and still counting. This means that you have to take multiple time-consuming tests just to find the most suitable WooCommerce plugins for your store.
In this article, we have comprehensively reviewed 10+ best WooCommerce plugins to help you fast-track that tedious process. The most awesome part is that they are all FREE or freemium.
Here’s our rundown of the top 10 best WooCommerce plugins:
Are you thinking of taking your eCommerce store globally? Loaded with many different features, Booster for WooCommerce is a powerful tool for online stores going international.
The most striking feature is its capability to localize your site depending on the shopper’s country. This plugin supports localization to translate your website profile, product descriptions, contents, and graphic images to match the language of your target audience.
Aside from language, it is capable of automatically changing your product prices at local currency. You will be able to add 159 additional currencies into WooCommerce and display the matching currency symbol.
- Local Currency Settings: manage your prices in various currencies and display the subsequent currency symbol to adapt to your user’s current location.
- Product Visibility by Country: hide specific products in certain countries. When shoppers from selected countries enter your store, specific products will be removed from their category, archive and search views.
- Product Availability by Time: set the availability of your products in a certain timetable.
If you’re looking for a solution to automate the sales & marketing process, don’t look over Beeketing for WooCommerce, one of the best WooCommerce plugins for marketing. It includes 10+ built-in apps designed to optimize conversion rates, increase average order value (AOV) and nurture loyal customers.
“Wait…10+ apps? What if I just need some of them?”
Thankfully, you can activate apps on an individual basis. When you first install the plugin, there is no apps enabled. You need to go in and manually activate the ones that you want to use.
Now let’s get into some highlighting apps in the Beeketing plugin:
Boost Sales: you can create upsell & cross-sell offers that combines well with WooCommerce related products feature to increase AOV of the store.
Checkout Boost – Free-gift / Free-shipping / Discount: you can set up different types of promotion offers to incentivise customers to complete checkout.
Other apps: Mailbot – email marketing tool to send personalized follow-up emails to customers. Sales Pop – social proof tool to create recent sales notification popups to create a sense of a busy store. And lots more.
- Advanced Automation: big data algorithms are built-in the plugin, powering up the capability to do marketing automation for each store by analyzing and learning from store’s historical data.
- Easy setup for non-coder: designed for non-technical store owners, the plugin is very easy to implement and configure without coding skills needed.
- Analytics dashboard: each tool has a separate analytics board to help you track results from your campaigns and optimize accordingly for higher conversion.
One of the smart tips that new stores use to promote their store as a popular brand and advertise hot products is to display recent sales notifications, that pop up on the store corner to drive customers’ attention to best sellers of the store.
Demo of live sales popups on both desktop and mobile screens
WooCommerce Live Sales Notification plugin can automatically sync with the store’s real order list to generate notifications. It can also allow you to create “fake notifications” to promote some products and create the sense of a busy store if your business is new and hasn’t got any orders yet.
- Totally free: while other similar plugins may charge you $5-$30 per month, this plugin is totally free – no subscription, premium or upgrade cost.
- Time control options: Schedule perfect timing to show sales notifications: display time, expiration time, and interval time.
- Many popup themes to match store’s design: Different popup templates with different colors. Holiday-themed templates are even prepared for you to impress your customers.
You will be surprised at how you can boost the conversion rates with a little smart bar. This kind of bar stays sticky on top of your page, announcing customers about your exciting promotions without disrupting their shopping flow. The best thing is it stays highly visible as your customers scroll down. So whatever you put on the bar, a email collecting form or an exciting offer, always gets much attention from the shoppers.
This plugin is ideal when you want to quickly build an email list, or when you want to drive traffic to a specific promotion page. On the other hand, the plugin also offers features to create exit-intent pop-ups to prevent leaving customers, and sticky contact forms or surveys to instantly connect with your customers.
- Quickly build email list with 1-step sign-up form
- Drive traffic directly to promotion pages with a standout click button
- Customizable themes to best fit your site
- Options to show bars only on specific pages
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist allows you to add a wishlist button to your online store easily and conveniently. Big eCommerce companies such as Amazon and eBay all have wishlist buttons because they understand that it is critical to continue selling even when the products go out of stock.
- Select Your Wish list Layout: Direct your users to a wishlist page with your chosen style and layout.
- Allow Multiple Wish lists: Enable multiple product wishlists for your users as needed.
- Share Wish list on social media: Allow your shoppers to either keep their wishlist private or share them publicly via social networks to drive social referral traffic.
This plugin focuses on building a powerful referral system for WooCommerce stores.
Instead of monetizing your referral program, you can reward your shoppers with coupons for their successful referrals.
The coupons can be calibrated either as discounts for their next purchase or even free items, making it a win-win for your business and your shoppers: They get rewards – you get more customers.
- Simple configuration: You can easily define the type of coupon, minimum orders required to qualify, and set the value for each coupon.
- Automatic display: A referral’s coupon will be automatically shown on the account page so it’s always visible and accessible for use.
- Light and fast: The plugin is programmed for lighter and faster processing.
The checkout process can be a tedious job for your shoppers pushing them to abandon their cart. But you can simplify the checkout process by skipping the cart page and directing customers straight to the checkout.
Direct Checkout plugin helps you do the job by enabling an alternative to the ‘Add to Cart’ button to land shoppers into the checkout page immediately. This makes the process simpler and more immediate for sales transactions.
- Easy Implementation: Enable or disable the direct checkout process anytime
- Continue Shopping: Add a “Continue Shopping” button to allow shoppers to continuously browse for more products.
Product Extras lets you add fields and options to your WooCommerce products – a proven way of adding value and improving conversion rates. You can add as many fields as you like, giving your customer the ability to personalize and customize your products. Choose from the following fields:
- File upload
- Name your price
- Number field
- Radio group
- Select (dropdown)
- Text input
You can assign a cost or discount to each field that will be added or subtracted from the product price. Field values are saved to the order meta and displayed to the user at checkout and on order confirmations.
Giving your users the ability to customize products will help increase customer engagement and retention and will boost your sales. It’s an essential feature for many kinds of online shop where you need to allow the customer to specify options for products.
- Global or product settings – you can specify add-on fields for each product or implement them at a global level, making it really easy to add extra fields for one or multiple products, even just for certain categories
- Flat rate option – you can choose to apply the cost of a field just once, whatever quantity of product the user selects, or to multiply the cost of an extra field by the quantity
- Conditional logic – specify when fields should be displayed or hidden: for example, only display a text input field if a checkbox has been selected
YITH WooCommerce Request A Quote plugin is designed for eCommerce stores to receive quote inquiries from customers. This allows online store owners to better understand the needs and wants of their shoppers.
By integrating a quotation process, you can compromise with certain types of purchases that cannot be handled by your current ordering system like bulk orders and special conditions needed by the customer.
- Immediate Configuration: Conveniently activate or deactivate the “Add to Quote” button on your product page. This will also help redirect shoppers into a single request quote page.
- Convenient Customization: Personalize how your button or link appears by changing the texts.
- Automatic Sending and Receiving: The request form can be automatically sent to your email and the requestor’s inbox.
Online stores can manually feed their products to Google Shopping through spreadsheets. But, this requires a daunting task of manually updating your product information and re-exporting the file.
Using Woocommerce Google Product Feed Manager will help you easily feed products to Google Shopping without that laborious manual trouble.
Aside from appearing far more quickly than the manual option, you can also modify the fields to improve product visibility in Google Shopping.
- Always Up-to-date: The plugin keeps track of any changes on the channel templates, so you don’t need to keep an eye out for it.
- Feed Optimization: Improve the titles and descriptions, change pricing or tweak any field in your feed to optimize visibility and sales potential.
- Advanced Filters: Remove products in the feed such as seasonal, unprofitable or out-of-stock items.
WooCommerce Multiple Free Gift plugin helps to delight your shoppers by giving them free gifts. This can drive more happy customers who will keep coming back to your site.
You can satisfy your customers but still sell profitably by specifying your gift conditions. You can reward a free gift depending on the amount of money spent by the customer. This way you will boost your customer loyalty and attract more sales.
- Conditional Configuration: Specify your conditions when a gift can be given either for a single, particular or multiple products.
- Customizable Options: Choose the number of gifts allowed per user and personalize your promotional messages.
- Localization Capable: The plugin is translation ready and currency converter compatible.
Did you know that you can view Google Analytics dashboards right inside your WooCommerce admin area? There won’t be a need to login and logout of Google Analytics site. You can get real time analytics with the comfort of your own WooCommerce account.
With this powerful plugin, you can transform data into helpful insights.
For example: you can identify the right channels to spend most of your time on, or uncover which products are most likely to be purchased by specific customers. By this way, you can change your strategies and improve your sales funnel to drive more revenue to your store.
- Universal Analytics: Monitor basic data including page sessions, user acquisition channels, and customer retention.
- Enhanced eCommerce Analytics: Trail the user’s behavior across your eCommerce store starting from product views to cart actions and conversions.
- User Insights: Understand how different devices used by the same user can affect a purchase.
- Product Insights: Identify the products with most sales or returns or refunds and take actions accordingly.
13. Yoast SEO
To date, Yoast SEO has over 5+ million downloads and a rating of 4.9/5 from 20k WordPress users. There is no doubt that Yoast SEO is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins available in the market.
It offers you all the information and tools you need to perform the best on-page SEO optimization. The plugin also lets you share products in a better way on social media channels like Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Preview Page
- Readability Checker
- Full-control Over Breadcrumbs
- Duplicate Content Alert
- Internal Linking Suggestion
- Content Insights
- Redirect Manager
If you want to scale your store, the basic data you have in the WP admin panel is just not enough. A plugin like Metrilo will help turn customer behaviors and sales data into actionable performance insights then optimize your marketing expenses to the max.
With Metrilo, you can generate a complete report of your recent orders, a sales order summary, top product views, coupons, order status, stock, shopping, tax, categories… You can pretty much keep an eye on anything and everything to do with your store.
- Tracks all important eCommerce KPIs and people’s actions on site
- Automatically compare the ROI of marketing channels
- Provide customer profiles that allow segmentation and personalized marketing
Pricing shouldn’t be the same all the time even if there is no changes in the cost of goods sold. As an eCommerce seller, you should run different pricing test to see what can convert the most with your customers. With WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing, you can manage promotions, discounts, member pricing, loyalty pricing and more.
With Dynamic Pricing and Discounts by XAdapter, you can test:
- Bulk order pricing
- Discounts and coupon codes
- Behavioral pricing
- Product rules to set discounts on specific products.
- Category rules to set discounts on all products in a category.
- Option to set rules based on: weight, quantity, price, total units and number of items.
- Pricing table feature will appear on product page to show all offer applicable on that product, if a product has multiple product rules.
16. Ultimate Review
Ultimate Review is a simple WooCommerce plugin that enables customers to leave feedback, ratings and reviews on your WooCommerce store.
This plugin allows you to add date and author of the review. Furthermore, it provides a flexible styling option using Custom CSS. So if you are a fan of minimalism or you want to deal with WooCommerce product reviews with advanced settings, this plugin is also a good option to try.
- Allow users to upload a video with their review
- Restrict reviewable products to a predefined list, and drag-and-drop to rearrange the list
- Option to allow comments on reviews
- Review categories for simple review organization and classification
- Weighted reviews: make certain reviews count for more towards the average rating
This plugin is a flexible tool to set up product filter options on your WooCommerce store.
Once you install it, your customers can filter products on your store based on categories, attributes, tags, price, etc. If you want to further customize the search form according to some of your preferences, you can make use of the plugin API. However, you need to have advanced PHP knowledge to do such code-level customization.
With more than 10k sales in Codecanyon and 400+ good reviews, this is a great plugin for making your site easier to navigate and show shoppers what you have in stock.
- Uses native Woocommerce API
- Products searching by AJAX
- Dynamic products recount
Improved Sale Badges plugin helps personalize your default WooCommerce sale badges into other forms that your customers can relate to and that will grab their attention instantly. For example: You can promote your offer right on the product images in the category page like this:
You can freely customize these badges as you want. This plugin provides 17 available presets and lets you select the color, set the position and message to impress your visitors.
- Show discounts in percentages or in the amount of dollars saved
- Set a different color or change the whole appearance of your sale badge. Unlimited badge combinations.
- Works with every template that supports WooCommerce.
Are you using Google shopping to boost your organic traffic? When you search some products on Google, it picks up some the best possible matches and creates a carousel with product images on the top of the search result page like shown in the image below:
If you want your products to show up like this, first you need a Google merchant account. Then install Google Product Feed plugin. This plugin allows you to create a real-time product feed to supply product information to Google Merchant Center.
A big bonus: you can capture visitors’ data required by Google by using the plugin’s additional data entry fields for products and variations and turn these data into meaningful insights.
Not only Google Product feed, this plugin provides a number of feeds to help you integrate, including:
- Bing product feed – integrate your products to Bing’s Merchant Centre so you can use them in product ad campaigns
- Google Product Reviews feed – send product review data to Google to enhance your product ad campaigns (experimental)
If you’re looking to build an affiliate program for your WooCommerce store, AffiliateWP is certainly a well-rounded tool for the job. With AffiliateWP, you can allow visitors to become affiliates of your store, and earn a commission for each new customer they refer to you.
An affiliate program like this could not only result in increasing sales and revenue, but could also be a great way to grow a loyal audience of folk keen to promote your brand.
- Manage Your Affiliates: see your top earning affiliates, view affiliate reports, and even moderate affiliate registrations.
- Affiliate Dashboard: affiliates can easily see how much they have earned, how much is awaiting payment, and even how their referral URLs have done over time.
- Real Time Reporting: view graphs of referrals over time, easily seeing your site’s affiliate marketing performance.
24% of people who abandon their shopping cart want to save their items for future consideration. So, if you want to have them come back and complete purchasing, it is really important to keep the cart noticeable. This is where WooCommerce Menu Cart comes in.
This plugin installs a sticky shopping cart button in the navigation bar so your customers can find a quick way to get back to cart page and complete their purchase without having to sending any reminder.
- Display cart icon, or only items/prices.
- Display items only, price only, or both.
- Display always, or only when there are items in the cart.
- Float left, float right, or use your menu’s default settings.
- Customize your own CSS
It’s not just a great product that will increase the number of sales you make, your customer service can also play a crucial role too. Now as an WooCommerce sellers, you would want to allow your customers communicate with you and ask questions about your products.
WooCommerce Product FAQs gives an option to your customers to inquire about the products and view the answers right on your site. The plugin also allows you, the store owner, to create a FAQs section where you can add questions that are frequently asked and answer them yourself.
- Notification emails are in place that will notify the store owner of new questions.
- Notification emails are also sent to shoppers that will notify them when their question has been answered.
Work with dropshipping model? Then DropshipMe is surely worthy of your attention. DropshipMe is a free plugin that can help you with product sourcing. Installed on your store, it gives you access to the catalog of over 50,000 best selling dropshipping products from reliable suppliers. And any of these products can be added to your store in several clicks.
All products are handpicked by the team of experts and already have professionally pre-edited information. So, every item has:
- A clear and understandable title
- An informative, buyer-friendly description
- An appealing high-quality image gallery
- A recommended price
You can start with DropshipMe for free and import up to 50 products at zero cost, which is quite enough for a new store to have in an inventory. Later, at any moment you want to scale your business, you can upgrade the package for a one-time payment.
Plug it in and sell more
Plugins don’t have to be costly to be effective. Check out our in-depth reviews about the best WooCommerce plugins above, choose the one that suits your needs, and launch your free trial now to amplify conversions and grow sales today.